Chocolate Chiffon Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (1/2 pt.) heavy cream, whipped
- 1 (6 oz.) prepared chocolate or graham cracker pie crust
- Additional whipped cream for garnish
- MELT chocolate with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- SPRINKLE gelatin over water in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
- COMBINE gelatin and chocolate mixture. Add vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust.
- CHILL 3 hours or until set. Garnish with additional whipped cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.