Berry Patriotic Trifle
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant lemon flavor pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) loaf frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- STAR GARNISH
- 1 (1 oz.) white baking bar
- Red paste food coloring
- BEAT sweetened condensed milk, pudding mix and milk in large bowl with electric mixer. Fold in sour cream. Chill 5 minutes.
- RESERVE 1/4 cup pudding mixture. In 2 to 2 1/2-quart clear glass bowl, layer half of the pound cake pieces, half of the remaining pudding and half of the raspberries and blueberries. Repeat layers. Spoon reserved pudding mixture on top. Cover; chill at least 2 hours. Top with Star Garnish, if desired, before serving.
- STAR GARNISH
- HEAT white baking bar in small heavy saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Tint with red paste food coloring. Pipe mixture into star shapes on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand until dry. Carefully peel from wax paper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 690 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 112g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 66g), Protein 13g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 40%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.