Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortcake
- Yield: 9 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart (about 1 1/2 lbs.) fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1 (13.5 or 16 oz.) package prepared strawberry glaze, chilled
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed or whipped cream
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch square baking pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE biscuit mix and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter and water; beat until well blended. Turn into prepared pan; press evenly over bottom with floured hands or spoon.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- BEAT cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla extract. Spread evenly over shortcake layer. Chill at least 3 hours or until set. Cut into squares.
- COMBINE strawberries and glaze in medium bowl. Spoon over shortcake just before serving. Garnish with whipped topping.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 16g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 53g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.