Layered Mint Chocolate Fudge
- Yield: About 1 3/4 pounds
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white confectioners' coating* or 1 cup (6 oz.) premium white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- Green or red food coloring (optional)
- LINE 8- or 9-inch square pan with wax paper.
- MELT chocolate chips with 1 cup sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat; add vanilla. Spread half the mixture into prepared pan; chill 10 minutes or until firm. Hold remaining chocolate mixture at room temperature.
- MELT white confectioners' coating with remaining sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat (mixture will be thick). Add peppermint extract and food coloring, if desired. Spread on chilled chocolate layer; chill an additional 10 minutes or until firm.
- SPREAD reserved chocolate mixture on mint layer. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of wax paper; peel off paper. Cut into squares.
- *Confectioners' coating can be purchased in candy specialty store.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 piece of 28), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 20mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.