Apple Streusel Dessert
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 26 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- 5 cups peeled, sliced all-purpose apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Ice cream or whipped topping
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Combine apples, sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- PLACE 1 cup biscuit mix in large bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in apple mixture. Pour into ungreased 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup biscuit mix and brown sugar in small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- BAKE 1 hour or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice of 12), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 35g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.