Chewy Almond Squares
- Yield: 16 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted*
- 1 cup almonds, toasted*
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Line 9 x 9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle crust with coconut and almonds. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over top.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Remove from pan using edges of foil. Cut into squares. Store covered at room temperature.
- *To toast coconut and nuts: Place each separately in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until coconuts or nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 square of 16), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.