Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Chocolate Glaze Topping
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 (8- or 9-inch) prepared chocolate graham cracker crust
- Chocolate curls*
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until fluffy; gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- TOSS chocolate chips with flour; stir into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake 35 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool and top with Chocolate Glaze and chocolate curls (optional). Serve chilled.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- MELT chocolate chips with cream in small heavy saucepan; cook and stir until thickened and smooth. Immediately spread over cheesecake.
- To prevent chocolate chips from floating down to bottom of pie, remove cheesecake from oven after 5 to 10 minutes, sprinkle chocolate chips over pie; continue to bake for remaining baking time. (Be careful when handling cheesecake, pie pan will be very hot.)
- *To make chocolate shavings, start with a good quality chocolate in block form. Using vegetable or potato peeler, hold chocolate with paper towel; pass vegetable peeler over narrowest side of chocolate block. The chocolate will curl up like wood shavings. Store in covered container in refrigerator until needed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 cheesecake), Calories 580 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 17g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 49g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.