Eagle Brand® Caramel Flan
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK sugar in heavy skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and caramel-colored. Pour into 9-inch round dish or baking pan, tilting to coat bottom completely.
- BEAT eggs in medium bowl; stir in water, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Pour over caramelized sugar; set pan in larger pan. Fill larger pan with 1 inch hot water.
- BAKE 55 to 60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Move dish from larger pan to a wire rack; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- UNMOLD by running knife around edge and inverting onto large rimmed serving platter.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 59g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.