Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Yield: 4 dozen balls
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (14 oz.) package flaked coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup (6 oz.) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups (18 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- STIR together sweetened condensed milk, coconut, pecans, bread crumbs and mini chocolate chips; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- SHAPE mixture with lightly greased hands into 1-inch balls. (Mixture will be moist.) Place on wax paper. Cover with additional wax paper; let stand 8 hours.
- MELT chocolate chips and shortening in large saucepan. Spoon chocolate mixture evenly over coconut balls covering top and sides completely and allowing excess to drip. Place on wax paper; chill until firm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 48 balls), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.