Eagle Brand® Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound yams or sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 (6 oz.) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- PECAN TOPPING
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Beat hot yams and 1/4 cup butter in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, orange peel, vanilla, nutmeg, salt and egg; mix well. Pour into crust.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Prepare Pecan Topping while pie is baking.
- BEAT together egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter and maple flavoring. Stir in pecans.
- REMOVE pie from oven; reduce oven to 350°F. Spoon Pecan Topping onto pie.
- BAKE an additional 25 minutes or until set. Cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with orange peel twist if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 35g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 150%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.