Banana Coconut Cream Pie
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted*
- 2 medium bananas
- Lemon juice
- 1 (6 oz.) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Heavy cream, whipped
- DISSOLVE cornstarch in water in heavy saucepan; stir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla. Cool slightly. Fold in coconut.
- SLICE bananas; dip in lemon juice and drain. Arrange on bottom of pie crust. Pour filling over bananas; cover.
- CHILL 4 hours or until set. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with toasted coconut and sliced bananas, if desired.
- *To toast coconut: Place coconut in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until coconut is lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 41g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.