Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Bars
- Yield: 1 1/2 dozen bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 31 Minutes
- 2 cups finely crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 24 cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 2 teaspoons Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 14 creme de menthe thin candies, chopped
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 6 minutes. Cool.
- BEAT cream cheese until fluffy in medium bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, eggs and peppermint extract until smooth. Pour over cooled cookie base.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 20 minutes; chill. Just before serving, melt chocolate chips and shortening in heavy saucepan. Drizzle over top of chilled cheesecake bars. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate mint candies. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/18 of recipe), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 24g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.