Creamy Hot Chocolate
- Yield: About 2 quarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 1/2 cups hot water
- Mini marshmallows
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt in large saucepan over medium heat; mix well.
- STIR in water slowly; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Top with marshmallows, if desired.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- COMBINE all ingredients except marshmallows in 2-quart glass measure. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 8 to 10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes. Top with marshmallows, if desired.
- Leftover Creamy Hot Chocolate can be stored in refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.