Coconut Custard Pie
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Toast 1/2 cup coconut; set aside.
- BAKE pie crust 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- BEAT eggs in medium bowl. Add sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Chill if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 45g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.