Eagle Brand® Banana Cream Pie
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 7 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 or 9-inch) prepared graham cracker or baked pie crust
- 2 medium bananas
- Whipped cream
- Banana slices, dipped in lemon juice, drained
- STIR together cornstarch, salt and water in heavy saucepan. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- PLACE about 1/2 cup filling in bottom of pie crust. Slice 2 bananas. Place evenly on top of filling in crust. Pour remaining filling over bananas. Cool at room temperature 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until set.
- GARNISH with whipped cream and banana slices.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 41g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.