Creamy Orange-Chocolate Truffle Bars
- Yield: 20 bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Debbie Huber, Petersburg, NJ, Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Pecans
- 1 can (14 oz) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 bag (12 oz) Hershey’s® Special Dark® chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 container (8 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel (from 1 large orange)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and salt with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. On low speed, gradually beat in flour until dough forms. Stir in pecans. Spread mixture in pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave milk and chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave up to 1 minute longer, stirring until smooth. Stir in marmalade; spread over base. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- In medium bowl, beat cheese, granulated sugar and cream on medium speed until smooth. Beat on high speed until mixture is thickened. Stir in orange peel. Spread over truffle layer. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows, wiping knife after each cut. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
- ®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
- Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
- Hershey’s® Special Dark® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 20), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 41g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.