Creamy Coconut Flan
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 70 Minutes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (about 13.5 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted *
- PLACE sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, without stirring. When sugar begins to melt, gently shake saucepan until sugar is completely melted and caramel-colored, about 10 minutes. Working quickly, carefully pour into an 8-inch round baking pan. Using potholders, tilt pan to completely coat bottom.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, water, coconut extract and salt. Set prepared round pan in 13 x 9-inch baking dish on oven rack. Pour egg mixture into round pan. Fill larger baking dish with 1 inch deep boiling water. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until custard is set but not completely firm. Carefully remove pan from hot water. Cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill several hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve: INVERT onto rimmed serving plate. Cut into wedges and place on individual serving plates. Garnish with whipped cream. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 43g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.