Coconut Almond Cream Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (4 serving size) package vanilla flavor pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Fresh fruit, if desired
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Coat 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray. Combine 1 1/3 cups coconut, chopped almonds and butter. Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish. Press remaining coconut mixture firmly in bottom and up sides of pie plate to form crust. Bake 20 minutes. Cool.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks in heavy saucepan. Add water, almond extract and pudding mix; stir until well blended. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool 15 minutes.
- WHIP cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add to cooled filling. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- WHIP heavy cream and powdered sugar to a stiff peak. Top pie with whipped cream just before serving. Garnish with reserved coconut mixture and fresh fruit.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 330), Total Fat 36g (Saturated Fat 19g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 39g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.