Classic Banoffee Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 4 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- English toffee bits and/or shaved chocolate, for garnish
- For Crust: COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into 9-inch pie plate to form crust.
- For Filling: HEAT butter and brown sugar over medium heat in medium saucepan until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and syrup. Cook until mixture begins to bubble, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour in prepared crust. Chill 1 hour.
- LAYER bananas over filling. Beat cream on medium speed with electric mixer in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over bananas. Top with toffee bits or chocolate shavings, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 800 (Calories from Fat 480), Total Fat 53g (Saturated Fat 30g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 76g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 48g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.