Cherry Fudge Tarts
- Yield: 12 tarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 3 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (1/2 pt.) heavy cream, whipped
- 2 packages prepared mini graham cracker or mini pie crusts
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- MELT chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir rapidly until very thick and bubbly, 5 to 8 minutes.
- ADD water and egg yolks; cook and stir rapidly until mixture thickens and bubbles again. Remove from heat; stir in almond extract. Cool 15 minutes.
- CHILL thoroughly, about 30 minutes; stir. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crusts. Chill 1 hour or until set. Divide cherry filling evenly among tarts immediately before serving. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 tart of 12), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 26g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.