Cherry Cordial Ice Cream
- Yield: About 1 1/2 quarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 2 cups (1 pt.) half-and-half
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries (without stems), well drained and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- COMBINE all ingredients in ice cream freezer container; mix well. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- REFRIGERATOR-FREEZER METHOD
- OMIT half-and-half. Whip heavy cream. In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract; mix well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or other 2 quart container. Cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup, 1/12 of recipe), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 16g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 33g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.