Cherry Almond Brunch Tart
- Yield: 8 slices
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 4 cups sliced almonds
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
- 1 (8 oz.) container mascarpone cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll pie crust; place in ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press crust firmly against bottom and sides of pan; trim excess crust. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, reserve 1/4 cup of the almonds. Place remaining almonds in food processor. Cover; process until coarsely ground. In large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, butter, almond extract and 1/4 teaspoon salt on medium high speed until creamy. Stir in ground nuts until well blended.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the preserves over bottom of partially baked crust. Carefully spread almond mixture over preserves, covering bottom of crust completely.
- Bake 20 to 30 minuted or until center is set and edges are golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix mascarpone cheese and remaining 1/4 cup preserves until well blended. Top individual servings of tart with mascarpone mixture and reserved 1/4 cup almonds. Serve warm or cool.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013 / Pillsbury® is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 serving (1/8 recipe)), Calories 870 (Calories from Fat 490), Total Fat 55g (Saturated Fat 21g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 78g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 29g), Protein 15g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 30%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.