Butterscotch Apple Squares
- Yield: 15 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 small all-purpose apples, pared and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch flavored chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350ºF (325ºF for glass dish). Melt butter in 13 x 9-inch baking pan in oven. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over butter; top with apples.
- MELT butterscotch chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Pour butterscotch mixture evenly over apples. Top with coconut and nuts; press down firmly.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into squares. Garnish as desired.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- MELT butter in 12 x 7-inch microwave-safe baking dish on HIGH (100% power) 1 minute or until melted. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over butter; top with apples.
- MELT butterscotch chips with sweetened condensed milk in 1-quart glass measure on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) 2 to 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour butterscotch mixture evenly over apples. Top with coconut and nuts. Press down firmly.
- COOK on HIGH (100% power) 8 to 9 minutes. Proceed as above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 square of 15), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 125mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 22g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.