- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 75 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Cook sugar in heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and caramel-colored, about 10 minutes. Working quickly, carefully pour into an 8-inch oven-safe ring mold or 6-cup fluted tube pan. Using potholders, tilt mold to completely coat bottom and halfway up sides of mold.
- WHISK eggs in large bowl. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk, milk, vanilla and salt. Set prepared ring mold pan in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Pour egg mixture into mold over caramelized sugar. Fill larger baking dish with 1 1/2 inches boiling water. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until custard is set. Carefully remove mold from hot water. Cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill several hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve: INVERT onto rimmed serving plate. Cut into slices. Spoon caramel sauce over flan.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 30g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.