Boston Cream French Toast
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake crusty French loaf as directed on can. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray 13x9-inch pan (dark pan not recommended) with no-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup of the cream, the egg yolks and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended. Pour half of mixture into pan.
- Trim ends of bread; cut into 20 (about 3/4-inch) slices. Place slices over egg mixture. Pour remaining egg mixture over bread slices. Bake 30 to 33 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/4 cup cream on High 20 to 30 seconds or until hot. Stir in hazelnut spread until smooth.
- For each serving, with spatula, remove 1 piece French toast and place custard side up on serving plate. Top with another piece of French toast, custard side down, forming a sandwich with custard in the center. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut sauce.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013 / Pillsbury® is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2013
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 serving), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Sugars 22g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.