Blueberry Buttermilk Cheesecake Crostada
- Yield: 20 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 1/3 cups Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, well chilled or frozen
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or thawed frozen blueberries, well-drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 tablespoon Smucker's® Blueberry Preserves
- 8 mint sprigs
- BLEND pancake mix and sugar in medium mixing bowl. Cut chilled shortening and butter into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut into pancake mix mixture, using a pastry blender, in an up and down chopping motion, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some small pea-sized pieces remaining.
- SPRINKLE 3 tablespoons ice water over the pancake mix mixture. Stir with fork until evenly moistened. Add additional water by tablespoonful, just until dough is moist enough to hold together when pressed together. Shape dough into a 1/2-inch thick round disk. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Roll dough on a lightly floured work surface into a 12-inch circle. Line pie plate with dough; do not trim edges.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and lemon juice until smooth. Pour into pie crust; top with blueberries. Fold edges of crust in, covering filling about 1-inch. Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- BAKE 40 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden. Cool completely on wire rack. Combine frosting and preserves in small bowl. Microwave 15 seconds or until warm. Stir; drizzle sauce over pie slices. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/20), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 21mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 20g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.