Banana Pudding Cream Pie
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 36 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4 serving size) package vanilla flavor pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 medium bananas
- Heavy cream, whipped
- Additional banana slices and vanilla wafers
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Combine wafer crumbs, sugar and butter in medium bowl; press firmly into bottom and up side to rim of 9-inch pie plate.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, water and pudding mix in heavy saucepan; mix until well blended. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cool 15 minutes. Beat in sour cream.
- SLICE 2 bananas. Dip in lemon juice; drain. Arrange on bottom of prepared crust. Pour filling over bananas; cover. Chill thoroughly. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with additional banana slices and vanilla wafers.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 610 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 16g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 180mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 82g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 70g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 25%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.