Banana-Mango Bread Pudding with Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- BREAD PUDDING
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 cups lightly packed 3/4-inch challah bread cubes
- 2 1/2 cups diced fresh mango (2 to 3 mangos)
- 2 medium bananas, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (9.6 oz.) can mango nectar (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- SPICED SOUR CREAM
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- COCONUT CARAMEL SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- To make Bread Pudding: COMBINE bread cubes, mango and bananas in large bowl. Whisk together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, mango nectar, milk, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Pour over bread mixture, stirring until thoroughly moistened. Let stand 30 minutes. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until set in center. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
- To make Spiced Sour Cream: STIR sour cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger until blended.
- To make Coconut Caramel Sauce: COOK butter and sugar in small saucepan over medium-low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Whisk in coconut milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Cover and keep warm.
- To serve: SPOON Bread Pudding into shallow serving bowls. Drizzle with Coconut Caramel Sauce. Top with a dollop of Spiced Sour Cream. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately.
- To Toast Coconut: Spread coconut on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, tossing the coconut with a fork after each minute. To avoid overbrowning, remove from plate immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/10 of recipe), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 49g), Protein 11g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 25%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.