Almond Brittle Cappuccino Semifreddo
- Yield: 9
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- EASY ALMOND BRITTLE
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup roasted, salted almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water, cooled
- 2 cups heavy cream
- For Almond Brittle: COAT large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine sugar, corn syrup and almonds in 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 9 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir in shortening and almond extract until well blended. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
- STIR in baking soda until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto prepared baking sheet spreading quickly into an even layer, about 1/4-inch thick. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Coarsely grind half the brittle in food processor.
- For Semifreddo: LINE 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap extending over the sides of pan. Beat egg yolks and salt with whisk in medium bowl until lemony. Heat milk in small saucepan on medium heat until simmering. Whisking constantly, gradually add milk into eggs. Return egg mixture to pan. Heat on medium until mixture thickens. Stir in almond extract, sweetened condensed milk and instant espresso coffee, blending until coffee is dissolved. Cool completely.
- BEAT heavy cream in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in cooled semifreddo mixture. Sprinkle with coarsely ground almond brittle; fold in gently. Pour into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 8 hours or until firm. Uncover. Invert onto platter. Remove plastic wrap. Slice into 9 1-inch servings. Garnish with reserved pieces of almond brittle.
This information is currently unavailable. Please try back soon.